For internal candidates:
Because we have full information on file for any current employees, please follow this abbreviated version of applying through SchoolSpring for open positions.
· It is necessary to put in the basic information to build a profile, creating a user name and a password. Then name, address, phone #, e-mail address, highest degree earned and information on credits beyond degree, date available to start work, current contract information, and eligibility to work in the US are all starred* and must be put in. You can then click on “Save Changes” to move on to the next screen. Note: If any of the starred sections are skipped, it will return you to this screen until you complete them.
· A box for a cover letter is provided where you can put in your letter of interest for the position for the coming school year. Then click on “Save Changes.”
· For the Resume section, please put in the educational institution, degree, and dates of attendance only so you can move forward. It is possible to ignore the sections entitled: Experience, Additional Info, Transcripts, Test Scores, Certifications, Languages, and Extracurricular.
· Reference names are required. Please feel free to use the Principals, Assistant Principals, and/or co-workers here in Narragansett to complete this stage and use their school addresses to fulfill this requirement. No actual letters of reference are necessary.
· A list on the left side of your screen of various parts of the application is followed by “APPLY FOR JOBS.” If you click on that, you are taken to a search page. On the right side of that page is a box where you can search for jobs by Job ID. Please put in the job # for the particular job you are interested in and click on “View.”
· At the top of the job posting is a button to click on to “Apply for this job!”
· A list of “Background Questions” comes up, where you answer “no” to 10 questions regarding any historical interaction with police. Then click on “next” and you get a “congratulations” message about completing the background questions.
· Finally, an “Applicant Statement and Authorization” comes up, where you are asked to check the box if you swear that you have been honest, agree to a background check prior to employment (which is not necessary in your case), and agree to reference checks—all standard stuff. So you can check the box and click on “Submit Application.”
· You should see a message that your application has been successfully submitted. Nice job--You are done and can logout!
You will get a message at the e-mail address you have provided thanking you for applying. Later on, when your application is opened by administration, you will get an e-mail saying your application is being reviewed.