Home | History | The Pole | Reflection | Works Cited  

For this common task I had to create a website using Macromedia Dreamweaver. I also had to create a flash movie to import into my website. Three skills I acquired through the completion of this task are, I can better use the macromedia Dreamweaver program, I can make a decent flash movie, and I managed to organize my thoughts. The process I took to learn the materials was doing multiple activities in class using both of these computer programs.

The most challenging aspect of this assignment was staying focused through tough times. The least challenging aspect of this assignment was researching, because I was already familiar with my topic.

I met many standards through the completion of this task. First, I met standard 1.1; communicate effectively using oral, written, and technological formats, by successfully making my website for a technological format. Secondly, I met standard 1.4, demonstrate the use of reasoning and problem solving skills and strategies though analysis and synthesis, because I figured how to make my flash, and everything else work with my website. Lastly, I met standard 2.1; demonstrate the behaviors for independence and collaboration, by independently making my site. I learned that I work well under time constraints; I will use this in my future when I am in college and need papers due on time. I can also use this if I ever want to start a small business and I don’t want to hire someone to design a website.