All about Sam's Personal Life
Sam never picked up a guitar until he was at the age of 18. Before that he was into sports like manu other kids and teens. But he was not your average sports player.... He was a free agent for the Kansas City Chiefs after college before he moved to Nashville to pursue his music career. As Sam says, "I think football is a sport where you learn and become aware of the connection between hard work, success, discipline, and all the things it takes to do well. So, that was definitely instilled in me through playing ball, through the coaches, and through my own desire to win. That competitive spirit just drives you to do what you need to do to win in football."
On the topic of music he continues, "That competitive spirit is still there, I'm not necessarily competing against other people, but it's more competing against the expectation I've set for myself, and a goal."
Many artists have inspirations for their songs. Just listen to Keith Urban singing "Cop Car" which was written by Sam Hunt. Believe it or not, the songs reflects on Sam's experience witha girl for his college as they were trespassing on an airport property. As of right now, Sam is still looking for the "right girl."
- If you are ever cooking for Sam Hunt, make sure that you speak to his mother. Sam's favorite meal is his mother's taco soup recipe!
- He wears sleeves around his neck.
- He gives high fives during concert songs.
- He interacts with his concert pals during concerts.
- Sam's concert pals all live with him.
- Sam has a rescue cat named Dandelion.
- He is a huge fan of John Mayer.
- There are no other musicians in his family.
- He loves the movie Step Brothers, and enjoys this movie on his bus, along with Gatorade and Cheez-Its.