The mission of the Narragansett Pier School is to guide our fifth through eighth grade middle level students through a period of growth and change intellectually, emotionally, physically and socially.
In order for Narragansett Pier School to continue its journey as a high performing middle school, it must have a clear sense of the goals it seeks to reach, the students and community it serves, and the contributions that all must make in order to achieve this vision. As a result, the NPS community will:
- treat all people with respect, and foster a climate of appreciation for diversity.
- be a place where learning is the focus, and there are high expectations for all learners.
- be a place of continual change and evolution as we strive to help all students learn and grow as responsible citizens of our community.
- be a place where communication is valued and supported as a way to ensure cohesiveness and continual focus on our mission and goals.
- be a place to grow leaders among all groups in the community.
- maintain a clean, safe, and healthy environment through good maintenance, a clear health and wellness policy, and constant vigilance with regard to security issues.
- celebrate and value the success of its community members.
An exemplary school recognizes the importance of each individual student. As a result, each student understands that he or she is an important and valued member of the community. Therefore, all students will:
- be active members of the community and develop a sense of belonging through participation in the life of the school.
- be active participants in a variety of rich educational experiences.
- meet or exceed high academic expectations.
- will set and meet high expectations for themselves.
- will be respectful, tolerant members of the community.
An exemplary school recognizes the critical role of each staff member in the success of all students. As a result, all staff members will:
- have clearly stated, high expectations for student success and will work individually, collaboratively, and collegially to foster the success of all members of the community.
- model their commitment to lifelong learning through focused professional development and reflection resulting in the use of “best practices” in instruction, discipline, and human relations.
- communicate openly among and between grade levels and other identified groups and individuals as a way to ensure cohesiveness and continual focus on our mission and goals.
- value and work toward curriculum consistency and support instructional improvement efforts.
- be responsible members of the community as shown through active participation in the life of the school.
- utilize tools such as the NPMS website, student handbook, monthly newsletter, parent LISTSERV (email notification system), progress reports, report cards, parent conferences, annual open house, and other direct means of communication.
- provide notification of school events, programs, testing results, academic progress or concerns.
- welcome parents as valuable members of the school community.
An exemplary school recognizes the importance of family involvement in the success of all students and the school itself. As a result, all families will:
- take an active interest in their child’s academic progress.
- facilitate parent and staff communication by utilizing tools such as the NPMS website, student handbook, monthly newsletter, parent LISTSERV, (email notification system), progress reports, report cards, parent conferences, annual open house, and other direct means of communication.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the school community through active participation in the life of the school.
- Have the opportunity to participate in volunteer activities at the school, pending background check.
- Be respectful, supportive members of the school community.
School Improvement Team Work
Mission / Vision
School Improvement Plan