I. Mission, Legal Structure, and System of Governance Formerly #8112
A. Statement of Philosophy
2. Core Beliefs
WE BELIEVE THAT:
1. All children can achieve high standards of learning.
2. A safe, orderly environment conducive to learning is based on trust, decency, courtesy, and mutual respect.
3. Students, families, faculty, staff and the entire community are accountable for student success.
4. A child-centered learning environment supports individual learning styles, values diversity, and provides equity.
5. Inquiry is the key process in learning, enhancing student engagement and motivation.
6. District-wide school improvement only occurs in the context of exploring new ideas and embracing change.
participation of all children in a safe, effective
teaching and learning environment that “sees
the child” and challenges all students to strive
Accepted: February 13, 2003