I.† Mission, Legal Structure, and System of Governance††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Formerly #9400
4.† Order of Meetings
ARTICLE IV. ORDER OF MEETINGS
SECTION 1. ORDER OF BUSINESS, REGULAR MEETING †(required)
The order of business may vary but the following will be followed unless changed by a majority vote of the Committee:
1. Roll Call of Members
††††††††††† A. Call to order
2. Executive Session (Optional)
3. Regular Meeting
††††††††††† A. Public Comments and Questions:
a. The School Committee shall establish a limited open forum of no more than thirty (30) minutes (3 minutes per speaker) at the beginning of each monthís regularly scheduled meeting. The School Committee will permit people to ask questions or make comments relating to items both not on the agenda and items on the agenda during the open forum portion of the meeting. It will be understood that the School Committee members will just hear from the public during open forum and will be unable to respond in any collective voice to comments.
††††††††††††††††††††††† Personís addressing the School Committee shall:
1. Refrain from raising concerns over an individual childís scheduling, grades, participation in activities. Parents must first bring their individual concerns to the local principal and to the Superintendent before presentation to the School Committee. Any discussions concerning an individual student will not be addressed.
2. Avoid references, statements or conduct reasonably likely to result in disruption or undue delay in the orderly transaction of the business scheduled for consideration by the Board.
3. Refrain from words or statements which, from their usual construction and common acceptance, are construed as insults and tend to violence or breach of the peace.
4. Refrain from obscenity, vulgarity, or other breach of respect.
5. Comply with the time limits.
6. Refrain from cumulative or repetitive remarks
††††††††††† B. Report (s) of sub-committees/liaison (s)
††††††††††† C. Committee Remarks
††††††††††† D. Correspondence
††††††††††† E. Superintendent's Report
F. Consent Agenda (minutes, bills, resignations, appointments, transfers, non-renewals, etc.)
††††††††††† G. Old Business
††††††††††† H. New Business
††††††††††† I. Discussion of Future Business
††††††††††† †J. Adjournment
SECTION 2. SUSPENSION OF ORDER OF BUSINESS
The order of business for any meeting maybe suspended by general consent or by a majority vote of the members present providing a quorum has been maintained.