c. Foreign Exchange Students
The Narragansett School Committee recognizes the many educational and cultural benefits that are derived for our students, schools, and community from hosting students through foreign educational exchange programs. It is, therefore, the intent of the School Committee to be welcoming and supportive of foreign exchange students attending Narragansett High School.
Guidelines Governing Enrollment of Foreign Exchange Students at Narragansett High School
1. Only students from foreign educational exchange programs approved by the Council on Standards for International Education Travel and the National Association of Secondary School Principals will be accepted for enrollment.
2. Foreign exchange students planning on attending Narragansett High School must notify the School Department, through his/her host family, at least one month prior to the opening of the school year.
3. Foreign exchange students attending Narragansett High School must have sufficient proficiency in the English language so as to benefit from the coursework, since all classes use English as the basic language.
4. The number of foreign exchange students attending Narragansett High School during any one academic year may be limited to three (3) students. No more than three (3) students will be accepted from any one exchange program in any one academic year.
5. A copy of the Narragansett School System Foreign Exchange Student Policy will be forwarded to all foreign educational exchange programs listed in the Council on Standards for International Education Travel Advisory Book.
Adopted: November 15, 2006 Narragansett, Rhode Island